Make your selection :
- Sewing ideas
- Elna Boutique Designers
- Machine Manuals
- Software Webinars
- Warranty Registration
Strappy Fitness Mat Carrier
Approximate Time: 1 hr
Introduction: Have a thicker fitness mat that won't fit your traditional mat carriers? Make a custom carrier using cotton webbing and ribbon! Erin Sobon Sundet of www.sewbon.com shows you how in just a few quick and easy steps!
Elna Supplies Required:
- Denim needles
- Any Elna Sewing Machine - Erin uss the eXpressive 900
Other Fabric and Notions Required:
- 2.5 yards of 1.25 inch Cotton Webbing
- 1/3 yard of 1 inch Velcro
- 1 yard of 1 inch Ribbon
- Jeans Needle
- E6000 Craft Glue
- Coordinating Thread
- Cut the webbing and Velcro as follows:
• Cotton Webbing
o 1 - 39 inches
o 2 - 23 inches
o 2 - 5 inches
- Apply a small amount of craft glue to the ends of each piece of cotton webbing and allow the glue to dry. This will keep the webbing from fraying.
- Fold one of the ends of a short piece of webbing over by ½ inch towards you. Fold the other end the other direction by ½ inch away from you. Sew the ends down.
- Apply a small amount of craft glue on the center back of the Velcro and place the Velcro on the end of the short piece of webbing, on top of the folded edge. Allow the glue to dry. Repeat for the other side. Make sure that the Velcro pieces are on opposite sides of the short piece of webbing so that they will overlap when the webbing is wrapped in a circle.
- Sew around the edges of the Velcro.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the second short piece of webbing.
- Apply a small amount of craft glue to the center of the long piece of webbing and place the ribbon on top, folding the ends of the ribbon under by ¼ inch. Allow the glue to dry.
- Sew around the edges of the ribbon.
- Place the long piece of webbing perpendicular to a short piece of webbing, wrapping the long piece of webbing around the middle of the short piece of webbing.
- Sew a square through the 3 layers of webbing, attaching the short piece to the long piece.
- Repeat for the other side.